MATERIALS FROM U.S. EPA TO ASSIST STATES IN THEIR C&T PLAN DEVELOPMENT
February 27, 2019:
- Certification plan checklist
- Cert rule comparison table
- Cert plan final outline (template)
- Cert rule reg text crosswalk old vs. new
Revised August, 2019
January 9, 2019 EPA announces intent to not amend C&T rule
AAPCO’S CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING WORKGROUP
We received a decision on the Pineros case challenging the delays of the restricted use pesticide certification rule. The court granted Plaintiffs’ motion, vacated the delay rules, and declared that the underlying rule went into effect on its original effective date, March 6, 2017.
Dec 2017 USEPA’s Federal Register Notice on Minimum Age Requirements
The implementation date for the Federal C&T rule has been moved to May 22, 2018.
Results of the AAPCO-ASPCRO Certification Survey, August 2017
See EPA’s C&T page for the entire final rule, federal register notice, factsheets and other related materials.
DOCKET for comment submissions regarding extension of implementation- due May 19, 2017
- Read the press release: https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/updated-epa-requests-comment-extending-timeline-pesticide-applicators-rule
- Read the Federal Register notice: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/05/15/2017-09386/pesticides-certification-of-pesticide-applicators-rule-extension-of-effective-date
- Read more about the C&T rule: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-worker-safety/revised-certification-standards-pesticide-applicators
Table of Contents for the CFR Sections -Certification of Pesticide Applicators, January 2017
Federal Register published Rule January 2017
Detailed Comparison Chart for the Final Rule December 2016
Pre-publication Final Rule December 2016
AAPCO: C&T Work Group Comments, published January 2016
State Survey Results December 2015
Economic Analysis Tool : Provided by Texas A&M and hosted on the AAPSE website. This tool is for states to use to estimate costs associated with implementation of the proposed C&T rule.
EPA: Proposed Certification and Training Rule Changes August 2015